The Personal Data Protection Act 2010 (hereinafter referred to as “the Act”) has now come into force. Hunza Properties Berhad (hereinafter referred to as “Hunza”) along with its related companies (hereinafter Hunza and its related companies shall be referred to as “the Hunza Group”) values your privacy and is committed to protecting your Personal Data (as defined in the Act) entrusted to us.
In the course of your dealings with the Hunza Group you will be requested to disclose certain Personal Data to us. This Privacy Notice is formulated in accordance with the requirements of the Act and sets forth how we collect, store and handle your Personal Data.
Use of the Personal Data CollectedYour Personal Data is being collected, used and / or processed by the Hunza Group for, amongst others, the following purposes :
- To enable you to enter into the necessary agreement and / or contract to purchase the products and / or properties from the Hunza Group;
- To respond to your inquiries, request for information, complaints and / or feedbacks or take any other action in response to your inquiries, request for information, complaints and / or feedbacks;
- To communicate, direct market and to update you about the Hunza Group’s products, properties, future projects and developments or other marketing and promotional purposes related to the Hunza Group’s products, properties, future or proposed projects and developments;
- To communicate, direct market and to update you about brands, products, services, events and promotions offered by the affiliates and business / marketing partners of the Hunza Group or for other marketing and promotional purposes related to brands, products, services, events, promotions offered by the affiliates and business / marketing partners of the Hunza Group unless you have otherwise indicated that you do not wish for us to process your personal data for such purposes;
- To create personalized promotions by combining your Personal Data with non-personal information about you (i.e. the type and value of the property purchased by you or to which you have shown interest in);
- For internal purposes such as evaluating the effectiveness of the Hunza Group’s marketing and promotional activities as well as for market research, profiling and statistical analysis;
- To improve the Hunza Groups’ products, properties and services and to assist Hunza Group in the development of new products, properties and / or services;
- To better serve your housing requirements now and in the future;
- To carry out credit assessments, financial and background investigation as and when deemed necessary;
- For the delivery of vacant possession of your property to you, handover of the keys to your property, property / estate management, customer care and / or defect rectification works;
- To provide post vacant possession services, such as club house services, security and customer loyalty card programmes;
- To organise and administer promotions and other activities organised by the Hunza Group (e.g. roadshows, property launches) and to conduct advertising, publicising and marketing strictly of the aforementioned promotions and other activities;
- For the Hunza Group’s internal record keeping;
- To take such actions as is necessary to protect, carry out and enforce the Hunza Group’s contractual and legal rights and obligations;
- For any other purpose that is required or permitted by any legal or regulatory requirements relating to and to make disclosure under the requirements of any applicable law, regulation, direction, court order, by law, guideline, circular, code applicable to the Hunza Group;
- For the prevention of fraud or any criminal activity and to enable us to comply with any applicable law, regulation, direction, court order, by law, guideline, circular, code or to assist in law enforcement and investigations by relevant authorities;
- To enable the Hunza Group to furnish and submit the your Personal Data to the following Government bodies / agencies / local authorities and institutions:
- Housing Loan Department of the Treasury of Malaysia;
- Employee’s Provident Fund;
- Social Security Organisation;
- Inland Revenue Board;
- Land Office;
- Local authorities;
- Internal auditors;
- High court, lower courts or tribunal;
- Insurance companies;
- ISO auditors; and
- Any such other Government bodies / agencies / local authorities and institutions as and when may be necessary.
- Indah Water Konsortium;
- Tenaga Nasional Berhad;
- Banks and financial institution;
- Insurance companies;
- External financial auditors;
- Law firms; and
- Any such other Non - Government bodies / associations / agencies / local authorities and private institutions as and when may be necessary.
Types of Personal Data Collected
The precise details, type and nature of the Personal Data collected by the Hunza Group will vary according to the specific purpose for which it is intended but will amongst others include the following Personal Data from or in relation to you:
- Correspondence Address;
- Telephone Number (house and / or mobile);
- E-mail Address;
- NRIC and / or other identification number;
- Marital Status;
- Date of Birth;
- Housing Preference (e.g. location, type, price range); and
- Such other information which the Hunza Group may deem necessary from time to time depending on the events or promotions held and the products or services offered (e.g. frequency of visits, type of shops visited etc) .
The Source of Your Personal Data
We may obtain your Personal Data from the following sources:
- Directly from you; and
- Legitimately from third parties or other service providers, to which, you have consented to the disclosure of your Personal Data.
Disclosure of Your Personal Data
The Hunza Group will keep your Personal Data confidential but from time to time we may disclose your Personal Data to the following parties:
- Other entities within the Hunza Group including those incorporated in the future;
- Hunza Group’s authorised agents and service providers with whom the Hunza Group has contractual agreements for some of Hunza Group’s functions, services and activities;
- The Hunza Group’s merchants, vendors, suppliers, contractors and strategic partners;
- The Hunza Group’s auditors, consultants, lawyers, accountants or other professional advisers appointed in connection with Hunza Group ’s business and other related matters;
- Parties authorised by you;
- In the event of a merger, acquisition, reorganisation, reconstructions, investment, financing or sale of assets or any other situation involving the transfer of some or all of Hunza or the Hunza Group ’s business assets, the Hunza Group may disclose the Personal Data to those involved in the arrangement, negotiation or transfer; and
- Enforcement, regulatory and / or governmental agencies as permitted or required by law, authorised by any order of court or to meet obligations to any such enforcement, regulatory and / or governmental agencies.
Period of Retention of Your Personal Data
The Hunza Group will retain your Personal Data for such period of time as is necessary to enable us to fulfill the purposes as set out in Item A above.
You are responsible for ensuring that the Personal Data provided to us is true, accurate and complete and for updating the Personal Data in the event of any changes or as and when it becomes inaccurate, outdated or incomplete.
Security of Your Personal Data
The Hunza Group will use its best endeavours to keep and process your Personal Data in a secure manner. We will implement the appropriate and necessary security safeguards and procedures to prevent the unauthorized and accidental access, use, modification, processing, loss, destruction of or damage to your Personal Data.
Links to Third Party Websites
In order for the Hunza Group to collect, use, transfer, store and / or otherwise process your Personal Data, we are required to obtain your consent. If you are below the age of 18, kindly bring this notice to the attention of your parent or legal guardian.
By providing your Personal Data to us, you are consenting and agreeing to the collection, use, transfer, storage and processing of your Personal Data by us in accordance with this Privacy Notice.
Should you no longer wish to allow us to collect, use, transfer, store or process your Personal Data kindly inform us accordingly and we shall ensure the removal, destruction and / or deletion of your Personal Data from our records.
In the event that you have provided the Personal Data of a third party to the Hunza Group, we may request your kind assistance in obtaining the consent and agreement of the aforementioned third party to the use of their Personal Data and you hereby agree to use your best endeavours to do so. You are to indemnify the Hunza Group in the event that we suffer any loss or damage as a result of your failure to comply with the same.
Personal Data Protection Officer
Should you wish to have access to your Personal Data or to update or make any corrections thereto or should you wish to withdraw your consent to any use of your Personal Data or should you have any questions, queries or complaints relating to the use of your Personal Data you may contact the Hunza Group at the following:
- Designation of Contact Person:
Personal Data Protection Officer
- E-mail Address: email@example.com
- Contact Number: +604-2288 266
- Fax Number:+604-2288 277
Changes and Updates to this Privacy Notice
You are advised to regularly check the Hunza Group ’s website regularly for any changes and / or updates to this Privacy Notice.
In the event of any inconsistency between the English version and the Bahasa Malaysia version of this Privacy Notice, the English version shall prevail.